Japanese Beef Stir-Fry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 oz12 ounce beef flank steak, partially frozen
1 Tbsppeanut or vegetable oil
1 largered bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 smallonion thinly sliced
1 Tbspfresh ginger root, chopped or 1 teaspoon ground
1garlic clove, crushed
1/8 tspcrushed hot red pepper
12 ozfresh pea pods or 12 ounces frozen, thawed
1 largehead escarole, about one pound, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 tsplight brown sugar - firmly packed
How to Make Japanese Beef Stir-Fry
- Using a sharp knife, held almost parallel to cutting surface, cut partially frozen flank steak into very thin slices.
- In 12" skillet over medium high heat, heat oil; add beef; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until browned.
- Using slotted spoon, remove meat to plate; keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add red bell pepper, onion, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add pea pods, escarole, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly until pea pods are heated through and escarole is wilted.
- Stir beef into vegetables.