Jan's Stuffed Bell Peppers
- large bell peppers, green or red.
- 1 lb
- ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2/3 c
- medium picante sauce
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp
- ground oregano
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- cooked long grain rice
- slices pepperjack cheese
How to Make Jan's Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1When choosing your bell peppers, make sure they will stand up straight when placed on flat surface. This way they will stand during cooking as well. Because the peppers are individually wrapped during cooking, there is no need to blanch them. Cut the top only and core the seeds.
- 2Bring 1 cup water to boil, add 1/2 cup long grain rice and pinch of salt. cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- 3Meanwhile, cook 1 pound ground beef in skillet, drain excess fat. Over medium heat, add 2/3 cup medium picante sauce, 1/2 cup water, and spices. Allow this mixture to reduce til moist but not soupy. Remove from heat. Fold in rice and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- 4Place each bell pepper cup on a 12 x 12 sheet of aluminum foil and stuff with meat mixture, leaving a little room at the top for the slice of pepper jack cheese. Wrap bell pepper cup in the aluminum foil, closing the top. Place wrapped cups on shallow baking dish and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.