JAMIE'S CREAM BEEF
I was trying to come up with a high protein meal for breakfast and I feel this fits the protein needs.
- 1 lb
- 97% lean ground beef
- small sweet onion chopped and diced
- small bell pepper, chopped
- cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 clove
- of grated garlic
- cup of low sodium low fat beef stock
- cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- of olive oil or enough to saute' the vegies
- cup of wine i use merlot for beef
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make JAMIE'S CREAM BEEF
- 1In large skillet place the ground beef and cook till crumble and well done. Drain out the grease and set aside from the pan.
- 2Now pour the olive oil in the pan and add the chopped onion, garlic, chopped bell pepper and mushrooms. Saute' and add in sea salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Stir in well. Saute' till vegies are tender.
- 3Sprinkle in the flour all around top of vegies and stir not allowing to burn but just til it makes a paste.
- 4Add in the wine at this point and let deglaze the pan stirring while adding in.
- 5Now add in the beef broth and worcheshire sauce and allow to come to a rapid boil, add in the beef and now the heavy cream stirring all the while. Simmer and stir till it is thick but loose too.
- 6If it is too thick add just a little more beef broth or water and stir. If not thick enough make a paste with flour in hot water and add slowly to the pan and stir till thick.
- 7You can serve this over a big hot biscuit, toast of your choice or even rice. The one here in this picture is served over Artisan bread.