Jamaican Jerk Rack of Veal with Honey Cayenne Roux
How to Make Jamaican Jerk Rack of Veal with Honey Cayenne Roux
- 1Combine Jerk seasoning and enough olive oil to make a paste; rub entire rack of veal, place into a large zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees and let the rack come to room temperature.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and cook for 35-45 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145 for medium rare, 160 for medium, or 170 for well done.
- 4To make roux, melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Add flour and whisk until slightly thickened; reduce heat to medium low and add the rest of ingredients, whisking to incorporate.
- 6Remove from heat and serve over veal chops.