★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper
- 1/4-inch thick slices pepperjack cheese
- 1 can(s)
- diced green chiles
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce (i use lachoy or sanj)
- 3/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- ginger powder
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c
- lime juice
- 1/4 c
- sesame oil (or walnut, grapeseed, or olive)
How to Make Jack Stuffed Burgers
- 1Work black pepper into meat till evenly distributed, then divide into 6 mounds. Divide each of those 6 into 2 patties.
- 2If using prepackaged slices of cheese, fold each slice in half and use each doubled-up slice as one piece. Mentally divide the can of chiles into 6. Take two slices and make an "X." Sandwich 1/6th of the chiles between slices at the center of each X.
- 3Take 2 patties and sandwich the cheese X between. Pinch down the edges to enclose the cheese within the meat. Yes, these burgers are going to be thick! Gently smash each burger to make sure it's all together.
- 4Place burgers in a single layer in a dish or pan. Combine all ingredients for marinade; pour over top of burgers. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 5Carefully lift the burgers onto a medium heat grill. Baste with excess marinade. If using turkey, cook to 165 degrees. If using beef, you may cook to desired doneness, but I highly recommend med-well to well to ensure that the cheese inside gets nice and melty.
- 6Important: let burgers cool 5-10 minutes! Cheese inside will be quite hot! Enjoy this juicy burger with your favorite burger toppings.