- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, or use a little more
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pkg, frozen spinach, thawed (10 oz)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup grated jack cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 t. each basil, oregano and seasoned pepper
- pepper (optional)
- 1 t. garlic salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Style Quiche (TNT, from Mom Marcon's Kitch
- 1Sauté beef, onion and garlic until meat loses its red color. Add spinach, rice and jack cheese. Mix well.
- 2Mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir into rice/meat mixture. Turn into greased shallow 2 quart casserole. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3Meanwhile, blend tomato sauce and seasonings. Simmer about 5 minutes. Cut quiche into squares mixture and serve topped with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. If cut into 6 servings, each serving is about 375 calories.
Source: My Mom and My Old Recipes
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews