Italian Steak Sandwich
- 1 1/2 lb
- very thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 5 large
- cloves of garlic-minced
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- hero rolls
How to Make Italian Steak Sandwich
- 1In a large skillet brown the garlic in the butter and olive oil. Add the steak, salt and pepper. Cook til well done. Remove the steak from pan and set aside.
- 2Add the cornstarch and whisk til thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 3Slice the hero rolls open and place meat inside. Pour a little of the thickened gravy on top and add the shredded mozzarella.
- 4Wrap each sandwich in tin foil so that just the meat and cheese is exposed. Place on a baking sheet in oven at 425 degrees til browned. Serve warm.