Italian Meatballs in Tomato-Pesto-Sauce
1 lbground beef or mixed pork and beef
1 tspsalt (or to taste)
·pepper, to taste
1 Tbspitalian seasoning (mixed herbs)
1 jar(s)tomato sauce (your favourite)
How to Make Italian Meatballs in Tomato-Pesto-Sauce
- Combine ground meat, salt, pepper and Italian herb mix in a big bowl, knead well.
- In a pot, heat tomato sauce and bring to a gentle simmer. Add pesto, stir well to dissolve and combine.
- Form meat mixture into 1 inch balls and carefully drop into simmering tomato sauce as they are made, one by one.
- As soon as all meat is used up, cover pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring well after about five minutes. If necessary, add some water.
- Serve over oven roasted vegetables, cauliflower rice or pasta as desired.