Italian Meatballs in Tomato-Pesto-Sauce
This is one of my favourite meatball dishes. We usually have it over oven roasted vegetables, but serve it as you desire.
How to Make Italian Meatballs in Tomato-Pesto-Sauce
- 1Combine ground meat, salt, pepper and Italian herb mix in a big bowl, knead well.
- 2In a pot, heat tomato sauce and bring to a gentle simmer. Add pesto, stir well to dissolve and combine.
- 3Form meat mixture into 1 inch balls and carefully drop into simmering tomato sauce as they are made, one by one.
- 4As soon as all meat is used up, cover pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring well after about five minutes. If necessary, add some water.
- 5Serve over oven roasted vegetables, cauliflower rice or pasta as desired.
About Italian Meatballs in Tomato-Pesto-Sauce
You May Also Like:
Show 5 Comments & Reviews