Italian Hamburger Deep Dish1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic clove, finely chopped
- servings instant mashed potato buds
- 2 Tbsp
- instant minced onion
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano leaves
- 3 medium
- tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz
- mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
How to Make Italian Hamburger Deep Dish
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2".
- 3Cook beef, salt, pepper and garlic in a 12" skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- 4Prepare potatoes as directed on the package for 6 or 7 servings--except stir in onion and oregano.
- 5Spread half of the potato mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- 6Layer with beef and half of the tomatoes.
- 7Top with the remaining potatoes and tomatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.