1 lbstew beef (or lamb), cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pkgbaby carrots
1 pkgcreamer potatos
1 pkgcelery, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pkgpearl onions
3 boxcollege inn beef stock (sirloin flavored is best)
2 bottleguinness stout beer
1 can(s)sweet baby peas
·salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic & onion powder: to taste
How to Make Irish Stew
- Place the meat, carrots & potatoes into a pressure cooker. Add the Guinness Stout. Add beef stock to cover. Secure top properly on cooker.
- Once the cooker is 'rocking', cook for 45 minutes. Place the cooker under cold water to vent steam.
- When the meat & vegetables are done, transfer them to the pot with the celery. Add the peas & bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- If the stew is too thin, mix 1/4 cup flour with cold water & drizzle into stew, stirring constantly until stew thickens.
- Serve in bread bowls or with hot sourdough rolls.
- Refrigerate leftovers. If it gets too thick after cooling & you want to thin it out, add a little beef stock until it is the desired consistency.