Irish Beef Stew cooked in Oven
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- 1 large
- beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- coarse salt and pepper
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 3 c
- homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 8 medium
- carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces or use baby carrots
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for serving
How to Make Irish Beef Stew cooked in Oven
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Starts off with a nice coating of flour on the stew meat (Shake the beef stew meat in a resealable plastic bag with the flour until evenly coated.) & then seared off in a pan. Add onions stirring, until soft and translucent. Add thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add chicken stock, beer and Worcestershire sauce. Halve potatoes then add to pot; stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- 4Remove from oven and add carrots, and heavy cream. Cover and return to oven. Bake until beef are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley before serving.