Individual Taco Salads
She is too sweet!
The salad is delicious,she said she found the recipe on crisco.com. She said she bought the tortilla shells already made into cups. She had all the optional toppings in individual containers so we just put whatever we wanted on our salads. She made the best guacamole too! She says she'll have to figure out the amounts since she just put a little of this and that without measuring. It was so creamy,she says she put a little milk in it! never heard of that but it was GOOD!
- 1 crisco® pure canola oil
- 4-6 (8 -inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1.25) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 to 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup french dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped black olives or taco sauce (optional)
- sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped black olives or taco sauce (optional)
How to Make Individual Taco Salads
- 11.HEAT 3-inches oil in deep-fryer or heavy saucepan to 375ºF. Place 1 tortilla in oil. Let float 5 to 10 seconds. Press center of tortilla into oil with metal ladle so that tortilla forms a bowl shape. While pressing with metal ladle, fry 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 22.COMBINE ground beef and onion in large skillet. Brown over medium-high heat. Drain. Add beans and taco seasoning mix. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until flavors are blended.
- 33.DIVIDE shredded lettuce equally among fried tortillas. Top with meat mixture. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons French dressing over each salad. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Serve with sour cream, chopped tomato, chopped black olives or taco sauce, if desired.