1 lblean ground beef
2 cbiscuit mix
1salt and pepper to taste
4 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
1 ctomatoes, thinly sliced
1 csour cream
3/4 cgreen bell pepper, chopped
2/3 cmayonnaise or salad dressing
2 Tbsponion, finely chopped
How to Make Impossible Mexican Fiesta Casserole
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook and stir the meat in a large skillet until brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Mix the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion and set this mixture aside.
- Stir the baking mix and water together until a soft dough forms.
- With floured fingers, pat the dough in a greased baking pan, 13 X 9 X 2-inches, pressing the dough 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Layer the meat, tomato slices and green pepper onto the dough.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with the paprika, if used.
- Bake uncovered until the edges of the dough are light brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then cut into squares.