- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 c
- potatoes, russets (shredded)
- 1 medium
- onions, chopped fine
- 20 small
- corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c
- corn oil
- tomato, choppped
- olives (chopped or sliced)
- lettuce (iceberg) sliced thin
- cheese, shredded
- sour cream
How to Make Idaho Taco
- 1Peel and shredd potatoes. Peel and chop onion. Put two to three paper towels in a cake pan and set to the side to use later.
- 2Use a medium size fry pan. Spray pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking (You may want too add a little cooking oil). Add ground beef, shredded potatoe, and chopped onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until meat is cooked and the potatoe and onion have softened. The mixture should at this point stick together.
- 3In another frying pan, pour in enough oil to fry tacos.
- 4Spoon meat mixture (approximately 2 TLBs) onto corn shell.
- 5Put taco in oil and fold over immediately. Cook on both sides. I cook two or three in the pan at a time.
- 6Once crisp on both sides remove by using metal tongs. Lay tacos standing up in the paper lined cake pan.
- 7Now that they are all cooked up... Add your favorite toppings or eat them plain... Enjoy!