By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1recipe of basic meatballs
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2 mediumonions, thinly sliced
3/4 cdry red wine
1 tspcaraway seeds
1/2 tspmarjoram leaves
2 Tbspunbleached flour
How to Make Hungarian Meatballs
- Prepare the basic meatballs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and cook and stir until they are tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs, 3/4 cup of water, the wine, caraway seed, paprika, marjoram leaves and salt.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water and the flour, stir into the sauce mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring carefully.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- NOTE: Serve with either boiled potatoes or noodles for a great main dish.