Hungarian Cabbage Rolls
How to Make Hungarian Cabbage Rolls
- Core cabbage and place in large bowl.
- Cover cabbage with boiling water and let stand five minutes.
- (If cabbage is very large, repeat this process after you've stuffed half of the leaves).
- Combine meat, onion, rice, egg, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Drain cabbage and remove leaves, cutting off the thick end of the stem.
- Put about two tablespoons of filling on a leaf.
- Fold sides in and roll.
- Place seam side down in a slow cooker.
- Spread sauerkraut on top.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- Cook on low six to eight hours.
- Remove rolls, blend sour cream with sauce and serve with cabbage rolls.