Hungarian Cabbage Rolls
How to Make Hungarian Cabbage Rolls
- 1Core cabbage and place in large bowl.
- 2Cover cabbage with boiling water and let stand five minutes.
- 3(If cabbage is very large, repeat this process after you've stuffed half of the leaves).
- 4Combine meat, onion, rice, egg, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 5Drain cabbage and remove leaves, cutting off the thick end of the stem.
- 6Put about two tablespoons of filling on a leaf.
- 7Fold sides in and roll.
- 8Place seam side down in a slow cooker.
- 9Spread sauerkraut on top.
- 10Add tomato sauce and water.
- 11Cook on low six to eight hours.
- 12Remove rolls, blend sour cream with sauce and serve with cabbage rolls.