Huge Roast Beef and Provolone Hoagie
- 1-1.5 lb
- shredded roast beef
- 1-2 can(s)
- french onion soup
- 1 pkg
- provolone cheese
- 1-2 large
- fresh italian loaf baked bread (sweet or not)
- fresh baked hoagie subs (if u choose not to use the large fresh baked bread)
- 15-20 slice
- pickled banana peppers (if family enjoys them)
- 3-4 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
How to Make Huge Roast Beef and Provolone Hoagie
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees
While oven is heating begin to prepare either the large loaf(s) or single hoagie sandwiches by cutting them open with a bread knife sandwich like, leave back of bread uncut
- 2Take French onion soup place in a med-lrg soup pot depending on how much of these you need to make. (If you have more then 1pd of shredded Roast beef you will need 2 cans of onion soup) Heat onion soup on medium add the Worcestershire sauce, then place all roast beef into the soup until all the meat is hot. Turn off the heat to the soup.
- 3Place which ever bread you went with on an baking sheet(s) Spread the Roast beef evenly inside the cut bread until all the meat is used. Now take the provolone cheese and cover the meat evenly with it, or add more if you like, my family likes to put Pepper Jack cheese on the bottom of the bread too!
- 4Do not close the bread, leave it just as it is after you have placed meat and cheese inside. Slide the baking/cookie sheet in the heated oven until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. You want to watch the bread closely so it doesn't burn, this will only take 5-8min
- 5Remove all sandwiches from oven. place on top of your cooking range and put pickled banana peppers over top of meat and if you would like spread real mayo across the inside top of each cut loaf. If you chose to go with large loafs of fresh bread, cut each loaf into thirds. Drizzle with the left over soup or put in small bowls for dipping the sandwiches in.