Hubby's Perfect Ribeye
How to Make Hubby's Perfect Ribeye
- Prep Time: 1-4 days
This is a long time, but it does mimic the dry ageing used in the best steak houses.
Place steak on a the smallest plate it will fit on. Cover with a paper towel. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 days. Replace paper towel daily or more often if damp.
- Remove steak from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Place steak on a cake rack over your broiler pan and bake for 10 minutes.
The idea is to have the steak reach a temperature of 100°F. Use a meat thermometer. (Time is approximate and depends on your individual oven's temperature and the thickness of your steak.)
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes. (Don't skip this part. It allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the meat from drying out.)
- While steak is resting, preheat a cast iron pan to screaming hot.
- Season steak with salt and pepper only at this point.
- Add steak to pan in a well-ventilated room for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak. (It will smoke!)