☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 11-oz can(s)
- pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 12 large
- hot dogs
- cooking spray
- mustard or ketchup, if desired
How to Make Hot Dog Mummies
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick lengthwise and crosswise into 4 pieces, making a total of 48 pieces of dough.
- 2Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to resemble "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for face. Place wrapped hot dogs on ungreased large cookie sheet; spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- 3Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard and ketchup, draw features on “face."
- 4Makes: 12 sandwiches
- 5HIGH ALTITUDE (3500-6500 FT): In step 3, bake 15 to 19 minutes. Continue as directed above.
- 61 Sandwich: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 6g; Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 860mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 3g); Protein 8g
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- 7Kitchen Tips
Just for fun, to create Hot Dog Mummies on Sticks, push a flat wooden stick with rounded ends into the end of each hot dog before wrapping it in the dough.