- 3 lb
- sirloin or round tip roast, sliced thin (less than 1/4 inch)
- 1 pkg
- au jus gravy mix
- 1 qt
- 3 Tbsp
- cornstarch mixed with 1/2 c cold water
- loaf of bread
How to Make Hot Beef (open faced) Sandwiches
- 1*If you don't want to slice your own roast, have the butcher slice it for you at the store. Most offer this service free of charge.
- 2Combine roast, gravy mix and quart of water in a large pot. Water should cover the roast.
- 3Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until roast is fork tender.
- 4Add cornstarch/water mixture to thicken.
- 5Serve restaurant style on bread as open face sandwhich.