★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lbsirloin or round tip roast, sliced thin (less than 1/4 inch)
1 pkgau jus gravy mix
3 Tbspcornstarch mixed with 1/2 c cold water
1loaf of bread
How to Make Hot Beef (open faced) Sandwiches
- *If you don't want to slice your own roast, have the butcher slice it for you at the store. Most offer this service free of charge.
- Combine roast, gravy mix and quart of water in a large pot. Water should cover the roast.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until roast is fork tender.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture to thicken.
- Serve restaurant style on bread as open face sandwhich.