How to Make Homemade Chili
- 1Brown hamburger meat in a large pot, drain and return to pot.
- 2Dice onion and add to hamburger.
- 3Add taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to meat/onion, and stir well, cooking the seasonings into the meat.
- 4After cooking for about 10 minutes, add tomato juice and sugar (optional).
- 5Lower heat and simmer (covered) for about 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and "bubble" another 15 minutes, to allow sauce to thicken a bit.
- 6Cool slightly before serving - top dish with a squirt of ketchup and a 1/2 tsp of white vinegar, for a very tasty "sweet and sour" effect.