★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbstew meat
1 mediumonion, diced
4 cbeef broth
1 1/2 cflour for dredging meat
1stick of butter
·salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Homemade Beef Stew
- Dredge stew meat in flour until well coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy skillet. Fry meat on medium heat until medium well.
- Remove from pan and set aside. In a large stock pot on medium high heat add one stick of butter. When melted saute the onion until slightly browned and add potatoes and carrots. Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add meat and broth to stock pot. Bring to boil. Turn down heat and simmer uncovered for one hour.
- Make a thickening paste by adding water in small amounts to remaining dredging flour until it becomes a paste that is able to be stirred with a spoon. Add to broth in stock pot to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with homemade warm rolls and butter!