- 1 kg
- beef stew meat
- 1 pkg
- mixed vegetables, frozen (for stew)
- 1 pkg
- knorr stew grandules
- 5 scoop(s)
- pepper (black/white or both)
- 2 pinch
- 2 dash(es)
- green chilles
How to Make home made stew
- 1cut meat and spice with salt & pepper, leave over night or in the fridge for 20+min
- 2if using your own veg, now would be a great time to chop them. you can use whatever you have got. some of the regular choices are potatoes, sweet potatoes, ONIONS IS A MUST. mushrooms, peas, carrots,
- 3put 1 dash of oil in the pot you will be using for the stew. once hot, throw in your cut cubes of meat.
let it brown.
- 4a pressure cooker is a good tool to have for this dish, but if you dont have one, dont stress, just add an extra cup and a half of water and 2+hrs to your cooking time. put dash of oil in pressure cooker.PLACE MEAT IN PRESSURE COOKER for 15min.
- 5whilst meat is cooking put veg in pot that meat was browned in, fry, until tender but not soft.
- 6throw in knorr stew gandules, and pinch of pepper, dont let it stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 7add water, 250ml should be right, and bring to a boil.if you are using the chillies- slice them and throw them in
- 8turn the heat down, over let simmer. by this time the meat should be cooked, chuck it in the pot, and let all the spices blend for about 30 min. if you do not have a pressure cooker here you will chuck in your meat with added water and cook on low heat for 2+hour until your meat is soft. Very soft.
- 9enjoy with friends and family