★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lg can(s)
- pork and beans
- 1 1/2 lb
- hamburger .
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp
- salt, pepper and galic to taste.
- 1 1/2 c
- cheese, any kind you have or like.
- premade pie crust, place one inside the other in a 9 inch pan
How to Make Hobo pie
- 1Brown hamburger until done, spoon from pan into doubled pie crust. In same pan fry onion till tranparent, spoon onto hamburger. Mix katchup unto the Pork and beans, pour it over the top of hamburger and onions, sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake about 35 to 45 minutes in a 400 oven until hot though and cheese is browned. Serves 4 by itself, but with a side of corn or peas, and salad it will feed 6.
- 2This is a good one for hiding veggies on the kids, put some graded carrots, or zuccini in the hamburger. Chopped peppers go well in this also.