★★★★★ 1 vote5
5-6 lbeye of round roast
1watercress, sprigs for garnish
How to Make Herbed Beef Roast
- Place roast on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except watercress.
- Pat well into roast.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Do not add water or cover pan.
- Roast in slow oven (325) for 2 1/4 hours, or if using a meat thermometer, until thermometer registers 140 for rare.
- Cover pan loosely with a sheet of foil, and let stand at room temperature until serving time.
- Place on platter and garnish with watercress.
- Serve with Mustard Cream.
- *MUSTARD CREAM* 1 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup prepared mustard 1/2 cup condensed beef consomme' 1/4 cup cream
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- Makes 2 cups.