- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef (or a combination of beef and pork)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- dried sage (mince if using fresh)
- 1 Tbsp
- dried mint (mince if using fresh)
- 1 tsp
- thyme (don't like thyme so replaced with marjoram-mince if using fresh herb)
- 2 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- sunflower oil or grapeseed oil, for frying
- 1/2 c
- *real* maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
MAPLE SWEET & SOUR DRIZZLE:
How to Make Herb Meatballs w/Sweet & Sour Drizzle
- 1MAPLE SWEET & SOUR DRIZZLE: In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup and vinegar to a boil. Slow boil for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce reduces a little. Then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 2While the maple sweet and sour drizzle simmers, in a large mixing bowl combine all of the MEATBALL ingredients. Shape into 18-24 golf ball-sized and place them on a plate or pan.
- 3In a shallow pan, heat the oil on medium-high until it sizzles.
- 4Lower the heat and cook the meatballs in two batches, about 7-9 minutes each, turning them once in a while to brown evenly on all sides. Set aside on a plate and repeat until all of the meatballs are browned.
- 5Serve the meatballs with the MAPLE SWEET & SOUR DRIZZLE and a sprinkle of sea salt.