- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. chorizo or hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 1/2 cups grated jack or mild cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mild green chili salsa
- chopped green onion, pitted black olives, sliced avocado, sour cream baked potatoes
How to Make Heaven and Hell Topping for Baked Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Cook beef, sausage and onion in large skillet until meat is no longer pink, breaking up with a spoon, about 9 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Season with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3Layer beans, meat mixture and 4 oz. chilies in 9" square baking dish. Cover with cheese. Top with 3/4 cup salsa. Cover and bake until mixture is bubbling and cheese melts, about 35 minutes. Transfer topping to chafing dish or put baking dish on warming tray. Garnish with green onions, olives, avocados and sour cream. Serve hot with potatoes, passing additional salsa.
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review