★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- salteen cracker crumbs - finely crushed
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp
- instant/minced dried onions
- 1 1/2 lb
- 1 -10 oz
- can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4-1/2 c
- green pepper - chopped
- 1 -15 oz
- can drained kidney beans or pork & beans
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make HEARTY FIESTA BURGERS
- 1COMBINE FIRST 5 INGREDIENTS. MIX WELL THEN ADD SALT AND PEPPER AND HAMBURGER. MIX WELL WITH GLOVED HANDS.
- 2SHAPE MEAT MIXTURE INTO 6 TO 8 PATTIES.
IN A LARGE SKILLET BROWN PATTIES ON BOTH SIDES.
- 3POUR SOUP OVER PATTIES. TOP WITH BEANS, THEN PEPPERS AND COOK FOR 10-15 MINUTES OVER LOW HEAT WITH LID ON THE SKILLET. SPRINKLE CHEDDAR CHEESE OVER THE PATTIES AND PLACE LID OVER PATTIED AGAIN. SHUT OFF BURNER AND LET CHEESE MELT FOR 10 MINUTES.
SERVE WITH SIDE SALAD AND TEXAS TOAST W/ GARLIC BUTTER.
- 4You could probably use chipolte peppers, or any kind of peppers besides sweet green peppers, and you could probably also use a shredded monteray jack/cheddar mix or a jalapeno cheddar as well. We just like it the way the recipe called for to begin with...all those years ago.