Heartwarming Vegetable Beef Soup
Best made in crock pot (takes 8 hours), but you can use a 5 quart pot (2 hours).
I added an image of the frozen veggies and Meat Magic seasoning I use, for help finding them in the grocery.
- 1 lb
- lean hamburger or sweet italian sausage (or neither for vegetarian option)
- 1 can(s)
- diced or stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz
- frozen veggies (1/2 a bag of pictsweet vegetables for soup with tomatoes. (ingredients are corn, green beans, okra, butter beans, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, celery)
- head of cabbage
- 2 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 can(s)
- water (using broth cans)
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- chef paul prudhomme's magic seasoning blends: "meat magic" (found with spices/dry rubs).
- grated cheese, any kind you like! (to taste)
- crushed red pepper (to taste) if you like things a little spicy :)
How to Make Heartwarming Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1Brown the beef. Cut up cabbage and onion (and potato if using one).
- 2Put beef into a crock pot or 5 quart pot/Dutch oven on stove.
- 3Add tomatoes, frozen veggies, cabbage, potato if desired, onion, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Pour broth and water into the mix and stir.
- 5Optional: Add Meat Magic and crushed red pepper to taste.
- 6Turn crock pot on low and let simmer for 8 hours. If you don't have a crock pot, heat to boiling on stove, then bring down to simmer for 2-8 hours.
- 7Garnish with cheese to taste after serving!