Heartwarming Vegetable Beef Soup
Best made in crock pot (takes 8 hours), but you can use a 5 quart pot (2 hours).
I added an image of the frozen veggies and Meat Magic seasoning I use, for help finding them in the grocery.
1 lblean hamburger or sweet italian sausage (or neither for vegetarian option)
1 can(s)diced or stewed tomatoes
8 ozfrozen veggies (1/2 a bag of pictsweet vegetables for soup with tomatoes. (ingredients are corn, green beans, okra, butter beans, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, celery)
1/2head of cabbage
2 can(s)beef broth
2 can(s)water (using broth cans)
·salt and pepper
?chef paul prudhomme's magic seasoning blends: "meat magic" (found with spices/dry rubs).
?grated cheese, any kind you like! (to taste)
?crushed red pepper (to taste) if you like things a little spicy :)
How to Make Heartwarming Vegetable Beef Soup
- Brown the beef. Cut up cabbage and onion (and potato if using one).
- Put beef into a crock pot or 5 quart pot/Dutch oven on stove.
- Add tomatoes, frozen veggies, cabbage, potato if desired, onion, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour broth and water into the mix and stir.
- Optional: Add Meat Magic and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Turn crock pot on low and let simmer for 8 hours. If you don't have a crock pot, heat to boiling on stove, then bring down to simmer for 2-8 hours.
- Garnish with cheese to taste after serving!