Healthy Meat Loaf1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ccabbage, finely shredded, packed
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1.5 Tbspcorn oil
1 ccarrots, shredded, packed
1garlic clove, minced
1/2 lblean ground beef
1/3 cbread crumbs, preferably whole wheat
1 tspdried basil, crumbled
1/4 tsporegano, crumbled
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cpotatoes, shredded, packed
How to Make Healthy Meat Loaf
- Saute cabbage and onion in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat,stirring them often, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and saute the vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cabbage begins to turn golden.
- Add the carrots and garlic; saute the vegetables another 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and let them cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl,combine the beef with the egg white and whole egg, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, black pepper, water and vinegar.
- Add the cooked vegetables and shredded potatoes to the beef mixture.
- Mix ingredients well.
- In a shallow baking pan,shape the meat and vegetable mixture into a loaf about 8" long.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the meat loaf in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the meat loaf and bake it 30 minutes longer.
- Let the meat loaf rest for about 15 minutes before slicing it.