Healthy Meat Loaf1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 c
- cabbage, finely shredded, packed
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 1 c
- carrots, shredded, packed
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- egg white
- 1/3 c
- bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tsp
- dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp
- oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- potatoes, shredded, packed
How to Make Healthy Meat Loaf
- 1Saute cabbage and onion in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat,stirring them often, for about 5 minutes.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium low and saute the vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cabbage begins to turn golden.
- 3Add the carrots and garlic; saute the vegetables another 5 minutes.
- 4Remove the vegetables from the heat and let them cool to room temperature.
- 5In a large bowl,combine the beef with the egg white and whole egg, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, black pepper, water and vinegar.
- 6Add the cooked vegetables and shredded potatoes to the beef mixture.
- 7Mix ingredients well.
- 8In a shallow baking pan,shape the meat and vegetable mixture into a loaf about 8" long.
- 9Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- 10Bake the meat loaf in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover the meat loaf and bake it 30 minutes longer.
- 12Let the meat loaf rest for about 15 minutes before slicing it.