Harvest Time Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
3.5 lbpork shoulder roast
·salt and pepper
6 smallpotatoes, peeled
6 smallcarrots, peeled, cut into 2" pieces
1 largeonion, cut into wedges
1 mediumacorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 3/4" slices
1 tspchervil leaves, if desired
2 mediumapple, cut in wedges
2 tspcider vinegar
1 pkggravy mix for pork
How to Make Harvest Time Pot Roast
- Brown roast in oil in heavy dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; add water.
- Cook, covered, 1 hour.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, squash and chervil; cook 25 minutes.
- Add apples; cook 10 minutes.
- Remove meat, vegetables and apples to heated platter and keep warm.
- Add vinegar and gravy mix to 1 1/2 cups of remaining liquid.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened.
- Serve with meat and vegetables.