Happy Family Stew1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cvegetable oil
3 lbboneless beef chuck, cut into 2" cubes
2onions, coarsely chopped
2garlic cloves, minced
4 cplum tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with juice
1.5 can(s)beef stock
1 cgreen chiles, mild
1 tspdried oregano
2 tspcumin, ground
3 Tbspworcestershire sauce
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
3 ccooked rice
How to Make Happy Family Stew
- Heat enough oil to cover bottom of large, heavy pan until oil is sizzling.
- Dry meat well; add enough to pan to brown without crowding.
- Brown on high heat and turn when brown on one side.
- Brown the second and continue until all sides of meat are completely brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with rest of meat.
- Reduce heat.
- Add onions and garlic to pan.
- Cook over low heat until soft.
- Return meat with its juice to pan.
- Add next six ingredients.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- With knife or spoon, break meat up into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice.