Hand Shredded Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbbeef brisket, trimmed of fat
1 largeonion, coarsely chopped
2garlic cloves, chopped
How to Make Hand Shredded Beef
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub the beef thoroughly with the onion, garlic, seasonings and a little vegetable oil.
- Wrap the meat in heavy-duty foil and seal the edges all around with tight crimps.
- Place the meat in a baking dish and bake for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the beef is tender enough to fall apart.
- If you hear much sizzling as the meat cooks, turn the heat down.
- When the beef is fork-tender, unwrap the top of the foil package, push aside the onions, and place the meat close to a broiler flame.
- Allow to broil only until the top surface begins to look dry and is starting to brown.
- Remove from the broiler and let the meat cool.
- Shred it into long shreds with your fingers, then store them in the refrigerator (for up to a week) or freeze for use as a fill.