1 lbground beef
1 pkglipton onion soup mix
1 tspseasoning salt
1 tspblack pepper
1 tspgarlic salt
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/3 cself rising flour
1 can(s)chicken broth
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 pkgranch dressing mix
How to Make Hamburger Steak
- Combine ground beef, soup mix, egg, seasoning salt, garlic salt, black pepper, worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into patties with a depressed area in the center of the patty. This helps prevent the hamburger mountain effect.
- Dredge the patties in the flour.
- Brown them in hot oil over medium high heat.
- Remove from pan and place in casserole dish.
- Add onions in dripping in skillet and reduce heat to medium and saute until the onions are brown. Place onions on top of hamburger patties in casserole dish.
- Combine chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, ranch dressing, and remaining flour. Mix well with a whisk. Pour into skillet, stirring constantly until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the gravy over patties. Cover casserole and bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees.