Halfway House Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lblean beef
1/2 cgood rum
1 Tbspgrated horseradish
How to Make Halfway House Pot Roast
- Saute a minced clove of garlic in a little butter untill butter is well flavored.
- Remove the garlic and place the meat in the butter then brown it well on all sides.
- Add the rum and then place the meat and liquids in a kettle, adding enough water to cover.
- Add horseradish, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt and sugar.
- Boil hard untill water is reduced one-half and meat is nearly done.
- Now add whole onions, carrots and potatoes, and cook in the liquid.
- Test until all are done.
- Then remove from the liquid, which is now made into gravy by thickening with a little flour and water smoothly mixed.