Halfway House Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- lean beef
- 1/4 lb
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- good rum
- bay leaf
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- grated horseradish
How to Make Halfway House Pot Roast
- 1Saute a minced clove of garlic in a little butter untill butter is well flavored.
- 2Remove the garlic and place the meat in the butter then brown it well on all sides.
- 3Add the rum and then place the meat and liquids in a kettle, adding enough water to cover.
- 4Add horseradish, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt and sugar.
- 5Boil hard untill water is reduced one-half and meat is nearly done.
- 6Now add whole onions, carrots and potatoes, and cook in the liquid.
- 7Test until all are done.
- 8Then remove from the liquid, which is now made into gravy by thickening with a little flour and water smoothly mixed.