- 1 pkg
- wonton skins (double pack) can be found in the refrigerated ethnic area of the super market
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef (92%) not cooked
- 1 small
- onion (diced)
- 2 medium
- eggs, (beaten)
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce, low sodium have extra for dipping
- 1 Tbsp
- sea salt and pepper (half of each)
- 1 c
- canola oil
How to Make Gyosas
- 1On a flat surface, lay your wonton skins down, one at a time, keeping the others covered with a dish cloth to prevent drying out.
- 2Add all of the ingredients together except for the oil and wonton skins...Mix well with your hands. Roll mixture by hand into small pecan size balls.
- 3Make sure that your meat is not too big. You can't stretch wontons to fit, they break. Taking the top left point and the bottom right point of wonton, bring together making a triangle. With water or egg white, rub both sides of trangle together to help make it stick. Take the botton two points and bring them together and use water to make them stick. Most packages have this method of folding on the back of the package.
- 4Fry only six or seven at a time in the hot oil until browned. Keep a eye on them because they brown really fast. Put them in a bowl as they are cooked, with a lid. Sprinkle with teriyaki or soy sauce and cover with lid. You can make a dip out of hot mustard, pinch of sugar and soy sauce and mayo....Serve with fried rice...Delicious