GUINNESS SHEPHERD'S PIE (BONNIE'S)
- recipe for my french dip roast beef-approx 2.5 lbs.
- cup frozen peas, thawed
- cup frozen corn
- cup frozen carrots
- cup prepared gravy
- pound mashed potatoes
- cup frozen chopped onions
- ingredients needed for roast beef:
- 2.5 pound roast beef, one bottle guinness beer, one can french onion soup and one can beef broth.
- ingredients needed for mashed potatoes:
- enough mashed potatoes to feed 6 people, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, salt and pepper.
Use this recipe for roast beef. (It is my posted recipe for French Dip Sandwiches, and it is perfectly seasoned for this recipe) Place in a crockpot the following 4 ingredients. One 2.5 pound chuck roast, fat trimmed. One can Campbell's French Onion Soup. One can of beef broth, and one bottle of Guinness beer. Cook in slow cooker until tender but not falling apart. Let it cool, then cut meat into a 1/2 inch dice.
Make mashed potatoes, season with 1/2 cup sliced green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of milk if it needs more liquid when you are mashing them. I use an electric mixer to mash the potatoes.
Precook the frozen carrots, corn and onions until partially done and drain well. In a large mixing bowl, add the diced meat, all the vegetables, one cup of gravy and mix gently. Pour meat mixture into a 9X13 dish, or if you are making a smaller amount use a 10 inch pie plate. Top with the seasoned mashed potatoes. Using the tines of a large fork, make the design on top like my photo. Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet with a lip, and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let set at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!