ground beef pot pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes (from 32-oz bag), thawed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
How to Make ground beef pot pie
- 1Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- 2Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Stir in potatoes, carrots and gravy. Cook 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; cover edge of crust with foil.
- 3Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Use your own blend of seasoning spices, if you desire. For example, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning or grilling herbs work well to flavor meat and potato dishes like this one.
To shorten prep time even more, make the filling ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until time to assemble and bake.