Grits Fiesta Pie1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/2 cquick cooking grits
1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 largeegg, lighly beaten
3/4 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
1/3 cfresh tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cripe black olives, sliced
3 Tbspgreen bell pepper, finely chopped
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Grits Fiesta Pie
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and garlic to a boil; stir in the grits.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and cheddar cheese; stir into the grits.
- Stir 1 egg into the mixture until well blended.
- Into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate, spoon mixture; press with the back of a spoon to form a pie shell.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and taco seasoning until meat browns; drain.
- Spread meat mixture into pie shell.
- Top with 3/4 monterey jack cheese, tomato, ripe olives and green bell pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2 eggs and milk; pour over pie.
- Bake in a preheated, 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of monterey jack cheese, and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.