Grilled Santa Fe Burgers
There's a tasty "kick" with each bite!
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 c
- (8 ounce) mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 c
- salsa, divided
- 1/4 c
- crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 c
- thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- hamburger buns, split or sourdough bread
- lettuce leaves
- tomato, cut into 4 slices
How to Make Grilled Santa Fe Burgers
- 1In medium bowl, combine ground beef, 3/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup salsa, tortilla chips, green onions, cumin and garlic salt; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties, 1/2-inch thick (about 4 inches in diameter).
- 2Grill or broil patties on oiled rack 5 to 6 inches from heat source 5 minutes on one side; turn and cook 5 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 160 F. Grill or lightly toast hamburger buns in broiler.
- 3Place burgers on buns; top with remaining 1/4 cup salsa; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Serve with lettuce and tomato.