Grilled Reuben sandwich on rye
Reason I suggest to cut up corned beef is, its easier to bite into, less messy. (this is how I do it but its optional)
- bag sauerkraut drained
- 1 lb
- corned beef sliced thin (cut up)
- swiss cheese ( 1 slice for each sandwich)
- thousand island salad dressing (appox 1 tbs each sandwich)
- 6-8 slice
- rye bread (marble rye or pumpernickel bread)
- 2 Tbsp
- additional butter/margarine for buttering bread slices
- favorite pickles slices on the side with chips (optional)
How to Make Grilled Reuben sandwich on rye
- 1add approx 2 tablespoon of butter or margarine to fry pan, once melted add sauerkraut ... fry and stir 5 minutes on low.
Add cut up corned beef to sauerkraut ... fry and stir corned beef and sauerkraut mixture another 5 minutes on low. Remove from heat.
- 2Butter one side of rye bread slices .. enough slices to make desired amount of sandwiches.. place butter side down on warmed grill/frying pan (sprayed with non stick butter flavor spray). Add the desired amount of sauerkraut and corned beef mixture, followed by approx 1 tbs thousand island salad dressing and 1 slice of swiss cheese. Place on top other slice of bread with butter side facing up. Grill/fry both sides until bread is slightly browned/crisp and cheese is melted.
- 3Serve warm with pickle slices/spears and chips .. Enjoy !