Grilled Ribeyes 'n' Caramelized Onions
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/2 cteriyaki marinade and sauce
1 Tbspteriyaki marinade and sauce, divided
1/4 tspground red pepper
1 1/2 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
1 Tbspchopped fresh parsley, optional
2rib-eye steaks, 1-inch thick
How to Make Grilled Ribeyes 'n' Caramelized Onions
- Stir together 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, red pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and if desired, parsley in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes on each side.
- Cut onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and separate into rings. Place in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave at HIGH 6 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, 1 teaspoon water, and sugar.
- Sauté onion in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in teriyaki sauce mixture. Keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with caramelized onions.