Grilled Rib Eye Steak Sandwich
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is SUCH a delicious sandwich - flavorful, hearty and perfectly tender. I couldn’t find the rosemary garlic pepper rings that Barbara calls for in the recipe, so did some improvising and made my own. Happily, they turned out great! I simply bought pepper rings and added four cloves of minced garlic and a tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary. Yum!!! The Test Kitchen
- 1.5 inch thick around 8 oz. rib eye steak sliced into 8 slices
- 2 medium
- scali rolls sliced in half
- 4 slice
- 1/2 inch thick fresh asaigo cheese
- 12 slice
- rosemary garlic pepper rings ( i use mezzatte)
- 4 slice
- fresh tomato
- 2 slice
- red onion thinley sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- cracked black pepper mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp
- good french style djion mustard
- 1 pinch
- salt i put this on the tomato slices
How to Make Grilled Rib Eye Steak Sandwich
- 1(I grill an extra one so we can have a sandwich for lunch the next day) Secret to good steak is to age after you get it home. I remove from plastic wrap and place on plate dust with 1 teaspoon unseasoned meat tenderizer on both sides then use 1 tablespoon Kansas City Steak seasonings on both sides return to refrigerator for at least 2 days unwrapped. When ready to grill remove steak from refrigerator and let set for 10 minutes before grilling.
- 2Make sure grill is on high heat and place steak on grill, sear for 4 minutes then turn steak ½ turn for good grill marks 4 more minutes then turn over and repeat on back side. This will give you a medium steak. Place leftover steak wrapped in foil in refrigerator until tomorrow for lunch!
- 3Cracked pepper mayo-mustard sauce:
Combine cracked black pepper mayo and mustard mix well set aside.
- 4I start with my grilled rib eye and slice it on the diagonal into ½ inch slices set aside.
Place 2 sliced open scali rolls on sheet pan and top with 1 slice of cheese on each side place under broiler on high until cheese is bubbly then remove from oven. Spread ½ of mayo mustard sauce on each roll top and bottom, place steak slices about 4 on bottom rolls. Top with tomato, onion and pepper rings place top on sandwich and serve with potato salad or chips.