- thin cut rib eye sreaks (about 1/4 inch)
- montreal steak seasoning
- slices provolone cheese
- fresh portabello mushrooms, sliced sauteed (optional)
- sweet onion sauteed (optional)
- fresh italian bread, french bread or kaiser rolls (pick bread that has a crisp crust or if crust is soft, place bread in a very hot oven for 5 minutes. this will give a crisp crust and fluffy soft bread center)
How to Make Grilled Rib Eye Sandwiches
- 1Remove rib eyes from refrigerator 10-15 minutes before grilling. Seasoning lightly with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- 2If you are having mushrooms on your sandwiches saute them now. You can also saute onions!
These are optional.
- 3If choosing Italian bread or French bread slice bread on an angle slightly. I cut according to the size of my steaks.
- 4With grill very hot or gas grill on high sear steaks on each side. These are thin so they only take a couple minutes on each side. Set steaks on plate to rest for a few minutes.
- 5Assemble sandwich. I like to place the steak on where we have a double thickness of meat. Place cheese on top, mushrooms or onions.
I prefer mine with just cheese, or PLAIN.
- 6I usually stick my bread in the oven when I sauteed the mushrooms. I like the warm bread, because it helps keep the steak warm.
I like a crisp crust, soft warm center, warm pink steak and cheese. Jim likes his with mushrooms too!