Grilled Flank Steak with Peppers and Herbs
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1flank steak, about 1 1/2 pounds
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 smallonion, minced
2red bell peppers, minced
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cparsley, roughly chopped
1 Tbspchopped rosemary
1 Tbspolive oil, for moistening
How to Make Grilled Flank Steak with Peppers and Herbs
- Butterfly the steak by slicing through it horizontally, leaving halves attached by 1/2 inch. Open and flatten the meat and lightly salt and pepper. Pound the meat to get an even thickness and set aside.
- Combine the oil, onion, peppers and garlic in a saute pan and cook until the vegetables are soft and get a little bit of color. Let the mixture cool slightly, then add the chopped herbs and lightly salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the stuffing mixture over the opened steak. Roll up the steak tightly lengthwise. Tie the rolled steak up with butcher's twine about every 3-4 inches. Lightly season the outside of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill over medium-high heat and turn to brown on all sides, cooking until the internal temp is about 125-130 degrees, about 25 minutes. If you prefer your steak with no pink, you can leave it on for an additional ten minutes.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for roughly ten minutes. Slice into 1/2" pieces and serve.