Grilled Chimichurri Steak with pan grilled mushrooms and asparagus
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This chimichurri sauce gives the steak a wonderful flavor. And I really loved the way the mushrooms and asparagus were cooked on the grill. This may be my new favorite way of roasting veggies!
Make sure to watch the steak closely when it is on the grill. The marinate ignites very easily. The Test Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lb
- favorite grilling steak, I used steak tips
- 1 c
- fresh parsley
- 3/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 clove
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 bunch
- fresh asparagus
How to Make Grilled Chimichurri Steak with pan grilled mushrooms and asparagus
- 1In food processor, add parsley, 1/2 cup of the olive oil balsamic, garlic, onion powder, marjoram, thyme, and salt and pepper. Grind and blend well. Reserve small amount in dish for drizzling on steaks at table.
- 2In a dish or Ziploc bags, place steaks and rest of chimichurri sauce to marinade for at least 20 min on counter top.
- 3Trim asparagus and place in a small tin cake pan drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper to taste. Do the same in a separate pan with mushrooms.
- 4Preheat grill medium heat and place asparagus and mushroom tins on one side grill steaks to your liking on the other side of grill. I like mine medium. While letting steaks rest for 10 min., continue to cook asparagus and mushrooms. (They will take approx 20 to 25 min total.) Turn in pan midway cooking.