PERFECTLY GRILLED STEAKS
Peggi Anne Tebben
How to Make PERFECTLY GRILLED STEAKS
- Let steaks set out to room tempperature until you are ready to cook. Cooking meat at room temperature versus right out of the fridge, makes it more tender.
- Brush with soy sauce on both sides.
- Warm grill up to 400°. Place steaks on HOT grill so it starts to sear them. You need to hear them sizzle or grill isn't hot enough. I like mine rare to medium rare, so you only cook about 5 miutes on each side, I would say. Half way through cooking first side, turn steak 1/4 turn & lay back down on grill so you get the criss-cross effect. Continue cooking.
- Turn steak over & brush with butter & sprinkle the garlic salt on 1st & then the Steak season. Put a couple of slices of bleu cheese butter on now if desired. MY SPECIAL BLEU CHEESE BUTTER.Finish cooking with lid down.
- The way I usually tell if the steak is where I want it cooked just right is this: Feel of it with the tongs. Poke at it. The more resistence or more springyness, the rarer it is. This takes time to aquire the feel for it, but you will. Don't cut it, as all the natural juices run out. Under cook it if not sure. You can always throw it on more.