Green Chilies Steak
3 Tbspoil for cooking, you may need more
2 lbbeef top round steak, boneless, cubed
1 mediumonion, diced
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspdried oregano
1 can(s)rotel tomatoes and green chilies with the juice(mild, original, or hot choose your heat level)
1 can(s)15 oz. petite diced tomatoes with juice
2 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
·salt and pepper, be careful if you broth has salt
How to Make Green Chilies Steak
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a dutch oven. Add half of the beef and 1 T. flour. (you can dredge the beef if you want but why bother)
- Sautee until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the pot and repeat with the remaining oil, beef and flour.
- When the second batch is almost browned, add the onion and garlic. Cook until transparent.
- Add back the first batch of beef then add salt and pepper, oregano, un-drained can of Rotel, un-drained tomatoes, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours. If it gets to thick at any point add water. If the tomatoes are too acidic when you taste it add a teaspoon of sugar. It's done when the beef is fork tender. The sauce should have thickened to a gravy consistency.
- Serve over cooked rice.