Green Chilies Steak
- 3 Tbsp
- oil for cooking, you may need more
- 2 lb
- beef top round steak, boneless, cubed
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes and green chilies with the juice(mild, original, or hot choose your heat level)
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz. petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 c
- beef broth, reduced sodium
- salt and pepper, be careful if you broth has salt
- cooked rice
How to Make Green Chilies Steak
- 1Heat 1/2 the oil in a dutch oven. Add half of the beef and 1 T. flour. (you can dredge the beef if you want but why bother)
- 2Sautee until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from the pot and repeat with the remaining oil, beef and flour.
- 4When the second batch is almost browned, add the onion and garlic. Cook until transparent.
- 5Add back the first batch of beef then add salt and pepper, oregano, un-drained can of Rotel, un-drained tomatoes, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- 6Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours. If it gets to thick at any point add water. If the tomatoes are too acidic when you taste it add a teaspoon of sugar. It's done when the beef is fork tender. The sauce should have thickened to a gravy consistency.
- 7Serve over cooked rice.