Green Chile Pot Roast with Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
2italian frying peppers
2 Tbspolive oil
1beef brisket, about 3 1/2-4 pounds
1 largeonion, chopped
2garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tspcoriander, ground
4 ozmild green chiles, chopped
3/4 cchicken broth
2 mediumbaking potatoes
1fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Green Chile Pot Roast with Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roast peppers over a gas flame or under a broiler until charred all over.
- Carefully wrap peppers in paper towels and place them in a plastic bag.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Rub off the skin with paper towels.
- Seed and chop peppers.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat well on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion; cook 1 minute.
- Add the garlic; cook 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in coriander, roasted peppers, chiles and chicken broth, scraping the sides and bottom of the pot.
- Push the pepper-onion mixture to the sides of teh pot.
- Return the meat to the pot and spoon some of the mixture over the top.
- Bake, covered, in the oven until meat is almost tender, 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into sixths, lengthwise.
- Cut across into large cubes.
- Place around the meat, stirring to coat with juices.
- Continue to bake, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat and carve into slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon the potatoes around the meat.
- Pour the juices over the meat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.