By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbstew beef, cubed
1clove garlic, minced
2 lbsmall white onions
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
6 ozcan tomato paste
3/4 lbjack cheese, grated
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
How to Make Greek Stew
- In a heavy kettle, brown meat in butter.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped onion and saute until clear.
- Mix in tomato paste, vinegar, garlic and half of the water.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, adding additional water as needed.
- Add white onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer 1 more hour or until meat and onions are tender.
- Add cheese, cover and cook 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.